Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Since it's November and it is the month that we celebrate Thanksgiving, I thought it would be appropriate to dedicate Thursdays to being thankful.  When I think of thankful I think of the obvious - my family, health, friends.  I'm trying to go beyond that a bit.  With all that has happened this week there is a lot to be thankful for.  I watch on the news how devastated NY and NJ are because of the hurricane and I can't help but be thankful that we were really only inconvenienced a little bit.  It could have been so much worse.

The first thing that came to my mind was electricity (try going without that for a couple of days and it kind of gives you a different perspective).  Then I got to thinking about what I was thankful for while I didn't have electricity.


I know I have said it before but I just love my Nook.  It was great to have all my magazines, books, games, even movies all in one small space.  Had we gone longer than a couple of days without electric I would have had a problem with charging it (I should probably invest in a car charger).  Beyond my Nook was my iPhone, which I have gushed about on more than one occasion.  And did I mention how much I love the iPhone 5?  So far no glitches that I can see.  It was definitely worth waiting for.

What are you thankful for these days?



2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I am also thankful that we were spared the brunt of the hurricane. And electricity and my iPad!

calicokitty6 said...

I'm thankful I didn't lose power and we didn't get that awful cold snap that was suppose to come through after the storm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails