Tuesday, November 27, 2012
10 On Tuesday
I find it funny that today's 10 On Tuesday is "10 Mittens/Mitts You Want To Knit". Nicole just finished knitting a hat over the weekend and said her next project is going to be mittens. I have never really followed a pattern for the mittens I have made. I always just make them up as I go along. So I checked on Ravelry to see what patterns there are, if I actually decide to follow one. And wow, there is a bunch! Here are a few:
1. Mittens in Color. I have always wanted to try color work like this and mittens would be great to get my feet wet, so to speak.
2. Warm In Here Mittens. I made one pair of thrummed mittens before for Nicole and you can't get any warmer than that.
3. Sideways Mystery Mittens. I love Elizabeth Zimmerman. These look like they would be fun.
4. Mitered Mittens. Again - more Elizabeth.
5. Two Needle Cabled Mittens. I love the cuff on these. They look like they are tight and there is no chance of snow getting in there.
6. Felted Mittens. Imagine how warm those would be?
7. Fiddlehead Mittens. Simply gorgeous!
8. Spiral Mittens. I love the little bit of texture.
9. All Mittens On Deck. Another great way to use up some more of my sock yarn stash.
10. Meta Mittens. Sheep mittens? Say no more.....
Can't wait to see what everyone else has on their list!