Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tale of Bad Kitty

Earlier this month when we had our house full of guests I did a lot of rearranging of my craft supplies.  I am proud to say that my yarn stash is actually manageable.  My biggest stash is still, of course, my sock yarn.  I am proud of the dent I have made in the pile, but it's still....a pile.  I decided that I would take it out of the ugly plastic 4 drawer container I had it stashed in.  This way I could admire it's beauty and be reminded of what I actually had when I walked by.  Great idea right?  Of course right!

And then I came home to this Monday


Our darling kitty decided she thought my new stash place was an awesome idea too.

We came home to this every day this week.  She found one skein and just ripped it apart (as best she could).  I covered the basket with a sheet.  She ripped it off.  I covered it with a heavy blanket that weighed more than her.  She ripped it off.


So my stash is all back in the ugly plastic drawers.  Which reminds me that I need to make my Christmas sock list.  I swear every year that I'm not knitting anything for Christmas but I always end up doing it anyway.  It's almost as much of a tradition as baking Christmas cookies.

As for the cat, when I discussed this yarn issue, she of course, knew nothing.


4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I understand this all too well! Mason usually just carries the yarn around the house, though, he doesn't actually tear into it.

Gale Bulkley said...

Apparently Six has been in collusion with your cat. The same thing has been happening in my house this past week while I've been visiting with my father.

karen said...

I think your cat is telling you she wants to learn how to knit or she wants some kitty socks :)

W-S Wanderings said...

Oh my, you have me laughing so hard. Cats. I LOVE them. All mischief and innocence. Sophisticated and silly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails