Tuesday, August 28, 2012

10 On Tuesday

The sad reality is that summer is coming to a close.  Every year I make it a goal to get to the beach.  You would think that this wouldn't be so difficult especially since I only live about 6 houses from the water.  The beach near us isn't the greatest, but a decent one is a 3 minute car ride away.  A REALLY nice ocean beach is about 30 mins. away.  So with that in mind, I am participating in Carole's 10 Things To Do At The Beach.

Now I realize the above picture doesn't look like a very inviting beach day, but I took this about a year ago when we were expecting Hurricane Irene.  Kinda gives a different perspective....

1.  Knit.  My favorite.  Usually socks.
2.  Read. My second favorite.
3.  Ride the boogie boards.  A day like pictured above makes for some incredible waves.  I wouldn't go in the water that day if you paid me because I am not a very strong swimmer.  I remember seeing so many people surfing at the beach near the ocean that day.  I thought they were insane.  
4.  Eat.  We usually bring a decent amount of snacks.  Doritos are one of my favorites.
5.  Collect shells and sea glass.  We would do this a lot when Nicole was little.  Then we would bring the goodies home and she would either paint them or make jewelry.  I just don't know where she gets this crafty side of her.
6.  Go for a walk.  I don't walk on the beach, but I walk on the sidewalk next to it.  I should end my walk on the actual beach because it's great for your legs.
7.  Catch a tan. I know - it's not good for you.  I can't help it.  I'm Italian.  It just happens.  Even with sunscreeen.
8.  Swim.  Well, most people swim.  I bring my beach chair all the way down to the water so my feet are nice and cool.  
9.  Watch the seals.  And subsequently shark fins.  And the harbor patrol watching the whole thing.  I was actually very impressed with the harbor patrol watching out for the sharks last time we were on the Cape.  
10. People watch.  My friend Lisa and I had a blast doing this last time.  Enough said.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

I"m a wee bit envious of your proximity to the beach!!

Carole Knits said...

Excellent list! I am jealous that you live so close to the beach.

Patty said...

I am also jealous that you live that close to the beach! Watching the seals must be great! (Unless they disappear quickly!)

Beth said...

Great list! Have you always lived near the beach?

Maire @ Stringchronicity said...

I like the moodiness of your beach. Imagine being able to take a shot just before a hurricane!
Of course, then it's skibbling to get *away* from the hurricane... ;)

karen said...

I love to walk on the beach! Great list :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails