Now I realize the above picture doesn't look like a very inviting beach day, but I took this about a year ago when we were expecting Hurricane Irene. Kinda gives a different perspective....
1. Knit. My favorite. Usually socks.
2. Read. My second favorite.
3. Ride the boogie boards. A day like pictured above makes for some incredible waves. I wouldn't go in the water that day if you paid me because I am not a very strong swimmer. I remember seeing so many people surfing at the beach near the ocean that day. I thought they were insane.
4. Eat. We usually bring a decent amount of snacks. Doritos are one of my favorites.
5. Collect shells and sea glass. We would do this a lot when Nicole was little. Then we would bring the goodies home and she would either paint them or make jewelry. I just don't know where she gets this crafty side of her.
6. Go for a walk. I don't walk on the beach, but I walk on the sidewalk next to it. I should end my walk on the actual beach because it's great for your legs.
7. Catch a tan. I know - it's not good for you. I can't help it. I'm Italian. It just happens. Even with sunscreeen.
8. Swim. Well, most people swim. I bring my beach chair all the way down to the water so my feet are nice and cool.
9. Watch the seals. And subsequently shark fins. And the harbor patrol watching the whole thing. I was actually very impressed with the harbor patrol watching out for the sharks last time we were on the Cape.
10. People watch. My friend Lisa and I had a blast doing this last time. Enough said.