Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ravellenics

As I have mentioned many times before, I love watching the Olympics.  I started to like it even more when the Yarn Harlot  began her Knitting Olympics years ago.  She decided to only do the Winter Olympics, but Ravelry decided to host the Summer ones as well, and so it has grown.  The object of "our" game was to pick a project, cast it on at the Opening Ceremonies, and finish it by Closing Ceremonies.  And it was to be something that challenged you.  The first time I knit a pair of socks.  Wasn't much of a challenge, so the next time I stepped it up.  I knit a shawl.  That was close, but I needed to live more on the edge.  So I tried a sweater the next go around.  I was able to complete that, but it was close.  This year I decided to do the same thing. And I was going to knit it with the yarn I spun for Tour De Fleece (stash busting at it's best).

As I talked about a couple of weeks ago, I was cutting it close with the amount of fiber I have.  I thought I could make it work.  And then common sense prevailed.  Why am I doing this?  Why am I going to knock myself out knitting this sweater that I may not have enough yarn for?  In the end I will just be frustrated.  So on to Plan B.


I am knitting Color Affection.  It has been in my que for months now.  I picked the yarn, I already bought the pattern.  I am ready to go.  I am happy with my decision.  Tonight I will finish winding the yarn and gather the needles and get ready to start.  Let the games begin!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love color affection. And the yarn you are using is gorgeous!

Carole Knits said...

That seems like a great project for the Olympics - good luck and have fun!

stitchin' girl said...

I love the pattern you have chosen and what a great goal! I hope you make it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails