Thursday, June 21, 2012

Seriously?

I know I said I would bust my butt to finish my Oaklet Shawl so I could give it a proper post for you all today.  Well, I finished the shawl early Wednesday morning (1:30 in the morning to be exact) and had it blocking all night.  You are getting a SNEAK peek of it for a couple of reasons.  First of all, a proper photo shoot just didn't happen.  Between getting out of work late yesterday, then having to run and do errands, get to Spinning night, we just ran out of daylight (on the longest day of the year - how about that!).  I could take it out now and take some iphone pics but it deserves more love than that.
Here is one I took yesterday.  That will have to do for today.

Another reason is that I want to get your thoughts on this Ravelympic thing.  In case you haven't heard, the US Olympic Committee is bent out of shape because Ravelry hosts the Ravelympics.  Not only do they have their panties in a bunch, but they feel the knitting community is being disrespectful to the athletes. Seriously?  They have nothing else to do?  I look forward to the games every two years.  I especially love that we have been able to tie it into knitting.  Some knitters are boycotting the games entirely.  Some are boycotting the sponsors.  What are your thought?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My thoughts about it: Pffffffftttttt.

It's a bunch of hooey! If this is the only "serious" thing the "organizers" of the Olympics have to worry about then they should be thankful! It's ridiculous. I guess they don't know how many knitters (and crocheters and spinners) are out there getting ready to WATCH the games while we do our thing.

AND it also reminded me that I hadn't signed up for a team yet so I went & did that and am now trying to decide what to do for a project!!

What team are you on?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails