Tuesday, May 8, 2012
How's Those Goals?
Well, it's been a few months - shall we take a peek at the list of goals I wanted to accomplish this year? I think that by checking in on my list once in a while I can either check items off my list, modify it, or simply get real and remove the goal entirely
1. Keep schedules better. I think what I struggle with the most in this area is sticking to one system. While I love to keep everything in my phone I still LOVE writing lists and seeing everything laid out in front of me (maybe it's my middle age eyesight that likes it better). I'm still keeping my schedule in my phone, but my current calendar system (Pocket Informant) has stopped giving me alarms with the last update :-(. So I think we need to come up with a better calendar system.
2. Take more pictures with my camera. It doesn't look like it on the blog lately, but I have been utilizing my camera a lot more than I had been. I still take a bunch of photos with my Iphone. Are any of you on Instagram? Another addiction I tell ya. If you are, come find me - of course, I'm Knit1Spin2 on there. It has made me want a new phone desperately that takes better pictures than my current dinosaur Iphone.
3. Read more. There is always room for improvement here, but I am reading more now than I have in years.
4. Knit my sock yarn stash. A big win here. I think I have knit about 5 skeins of my sock yarn stash into something and I'm happy with that. I seem to be stuck on what to use the yarn above for. It's kinda funky - lots of white with random colors spread throughout. I really haven't bought any yarn since January (can't say the same about fiber though - hey, a girls gotta have SOME fun, right?)
5. Card and spin my fleece. I haven't done much since last time. I did spin a bit, but carding is bothering my hands. I'm considering just sending the rest out to be processed. It's already washed so it only has to be carded. I'll be deciding on this in the next month or so.
6. Publish one of my patterns. I haven't worked on anything new. The creativity just isn't there lately. I'm lucky to just get some knitting time at all these days.
7. Explore the vegetarian lifestyle. While I eat far less meat than I did, I am far from a vegetarian. I am embarking on some new healthy endeavors that I am very excited about but that requires a post of it's own.
8. Take country line dancing. Didn't happen. This may come off the list and be replaced with something else.
9. A place for everything. All I have accomplished in this area is frustration. I can't control what the rest of the family does, and I refuse to be a screaming shrew in the name or organization. I am working on my own little happy place and I will probably have a post on this sometime soon.
10. Change up the blog. Nothing new here. I need hubby's help with this and he has been busy working (thank you God) a lot of hours, so it will have to wait.