10 Things I Wish I Liked
2. Veggies. No joke - I really don't like them. I love my salad and will eat lettuce, baby spinach, cucumbers, carrots, and celery. As far as cooked veggies - onions and mushrooms (and occasionally eggplant if it's cooked right) are it for me. Can we count corn and potatoes?
3. Because of #'s 1 and 2, it would be very helpful if I liked to exercise, but that's a no as well. I think I would like to walk more if I didn't live at the bottom of a hill. It is just so defeating to start off huffing and puffing.
4. Flying. I love vacation but I hate to fly. It just makes me nervous, and it's not because of 9/11. I have never been a real good passenger. Most of our vacation destinations these days have been by car.
5. Roller coasters. I obviously have motion sickness issues. I have never been on one and probably never will. I have been on a couple of scary rides and hated every minute of it. The older I get the worse I get.
6. Beer. I hear you laughing. Yes it's true - I hate beer. Even on a hot day and the beer is wicked cold. I still don't like the taste of it.
7. Cleaning. Come over to my house - this one will be evident immediately. It's not dirty, but it's just clean enough so that DCYF won't take my child away. I am amazing at ignoring the dirt as I knit. It's a talent I have developed. You will however, always find home cooked meals (mostly by my husband) and a lot of laughter.
8. Sci-Fi Movies. I can't relate. My dad loves them. I don't get them.
9. Sewing. Eh - it's probably best that I didn't have another hobby anyway.
10. Yard Work. I never touch it. I planted my seeds and that's probably all my contribution will be this year. God is good though. He gave me a husband who lives to work in the yard. I was talking to my parents about this over the weekend and was saying how I don't even plant flowers anymore. I start with good intentions but they don't happen. Then I realized what was different. Back about 4 years ago I was working about 18 hours a week. Now I work about 50 hours. That will make a difference in how you spend your leisure time for sure.
What's on your list?