Thursday, January 28, 2010

A GREAT Weekend

Our fiber retreat was all that we could have asked for. We got there Friday afternoon and within 10 minutes I was spinning at my wheel. One big dissapointment is the fleece I was spinning. It still has a lot of vm in it which makes it unpleasant to spin. There is no way I could make a sweater from it. Maybe a vest. If I have enough. It's difficult to spin consistently. I'm not getting much yardage out of it. I am going to bite the bullet and get the rest of it done. The only thing I do like is the way the colors are coming out.

So most of the weekend was spent spinning with a few knitting breaks in between. On Saturday afternoon I sat in one of the living rooms and relaxed on the antique couch as I knit. I looked over at the fireplace and observed the outside of it.


I'm not sure if you can see the crack at the top. It's not in use anymore. It is a large retreat house with a lot of history.

I still have to download the few pictures I did take from the camera but I will leave you with one I took from the phone.



That's only half of us!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

bySarah said...

SUCH fun. Glad I got to participate, and already looking forward to next year.
:)

judy said...

I'm already to go next year. I had a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails