Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!

2007......where does the time go? I can remember this time last year. I was high on the excitement of getting my first wheel and learning how to spin. This year I am looking forward to the Bayberry Spinners Retreat the first week in February, maybe getting to the Spa in Maine a couple of weeks later, and the fiber festivals to follow.

Project wise my goals for the year are:
1. A cardigan for hubby (I know the yarn I am going to use - I just have to find the pattern)
2. Christmas stockings for the family (Nicole is carding the fleece for those as we speak so, it's a start)
3. Moebius scarf for myself
4. Spin my stash - which is.......


and 2 lbs. of this




and there's this




can't forget this



yeah, it's about 3 pounds.

And this



There's about 2 lbs. there too.

Yes, there's more than I can post in photos here. So while Wendy is encouraging us to knit our stash, I will be spinning my stash!

And speaking of spinning, the Alpaca is done and ready to be knit into hubby's hat



It's beyond soft!

I don't have a clear recollection of my 2006 projects. I obviously learned to spin, ply and even did some Navajo plying. I dyed sock yarn (and have it for sale too, check out my shop - http://knit1spin2.etsy.com) and roving. I spun sock yarn and started the sock. But can you believe I can't find it in this house?? I got my first fleece then washed it and am in the process of carding it. I feel good about my 2006 fiber life.

And I wish all of you a happy, healthy and fibery 2007!!

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

Wow, those are some luscious colors. I've never heard of the Bayberry Spinners' Retreat, but Leah and I are looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you at Spa in Feb. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails